Nicola is a Managing Associate in the Dispute Resolution team in London. She has experience acting for FTSE 100 companies, banks, corporates, insurance brokers, the London insurance market and high net worth individuals. Nicola is qualified as a solicitor-advocate with full rights of audience in the higher courts of England and Wales and has also spent time working in Hong Kong.
Nicola has worked on three of The Lawyer magazine's annual Top 20 Cases (2012 – 2015). Her cases are generally cross-border and multi-party and she has a high level of experience in Commercial Court proceedings.
- Acting for a large property development company based in the Middle East and a Bahrain-based investment bank in a US$1 billion action involving allegations of conspiracy and breach of confidence (in the Commercial Court, with related foreign proceedings).
- Acting for His Majesty King Abdullah of Jordan in a significant High Court action concerning allegations of breach of trust, which settled on confidential terms.
- Acting for a UK bank in High Court proceedings in a high value claim concerning allegations of misselling of derivative products.
- Acting for a hedge fund in a High Court claim worth £32 million concerning ownership of intellectual property.
- Acting for solicitors in the High Court and in the Court of Session in Scotland in a £9 million professional negligence claim.
- Acting for a US company in a dispute in the High Court of Hong Kong arising out of a BVI and Macau joint venture relating to a casino project in Macau.
- Advising a FTSE 100 company on coverage under a D&O insurance policy with a limit of £15 million in connection with criminal proceedings against its directors.
- Year qualified: 2010
- BPP Law School London: Legal Practice Course.
- The University of Manchester: English Law and French Law (LLB 2:1) (included a year at the Université de Bourgogne in Dijon, France).