Megan is an Associate within our Commercial Services division and is based in our Edinburgh office. She has experience advising a range of clients across our sectors from SMEs to FTSE100 companies, with particular experience in the Financial Services and Digital sectors.
Megan has a keen interest in data protection and commercial matters within the Financial Services and technology sectors, and has a wide range of experience advising clients on both large compliance projects and day-to-day queries.
- Advising and assisting a multinational oil and gas company with large employee Data Subject Access Requests; providing an end to end service from the receipt of the request to the delivery of the final bundle to the requester.
- Advising a FTSE 100 financial institution in relation to the data protection aspects of outsourcing a key mortgage process component.
- Advising a large financial institution in relation to large employee Data Subject Access Requests; producing the final bundle following review of high volumes of documentation and providing ongoing strategic advice on handling such requests.
- Advising a financial technology organisation specialising in investment platforms on the data protection aspects of various supplier contracts.
- Providing data protection advice to a start-up financial technology organisation specialising in communicating ESG ratings to end customers.
- Providing strategic advice to a top 10 UK insurance provider in relation to anti-fraud technology and the data protection concerns and implications associated with this.
- Advising a client in the technology sector in relation to the data protection and intellectual property concerns associated with the use of facial recognition technology.
- Assisting a multinational manufacturing organisation with a large scale GDPR compliance project; undertaking the review and drafting of various GDPR required documents to enable the client to demonstrate compliance.
- Advising a Scottish football club on terms and conditions for various services and ticketing arrangements and providing ongoing strategic advice in relation to compliance with data protection and consumer law.
- Providing a financial technology organisation specialising in investment platforms with strategic contractual advice in relation to the development of new service lines;
- Acted for a large-scale residential mortgage lender in connection with its outsourcing of critical mortgage process components;
- Advising a global pharmaceuticals organisation on the contractual arrangements resulting from the corporate re-organisation of the group and drafting the requisite suite of contracts;
- Providing advice to an organisation operating in the defence sector in relation to the protection of its Intellectual Property during negotiations of a high value contract.