Jennifer has experience in a variety of dispute resolution methods, acting for clients in adjudications, mediations and Technology and Construction Court proceedings. She has acted for employers, developers, contractors and subcontractors across a range of sectors including transport and hotels.
Jennifer also specialises in providing clients with dispute avoidance and managing risk advice.
Work of particular note includes:
- Advising a contractor's liquidator in relation to a £13m multi-party dispute in the Technology and Construction Court. The dispute concerned defects in an insulated render cladding system which had been installed on four clusters of apartment blocks in Glasgow. The matter settled at mediation with a favourable result achieved for Jennifer's client;
- Providing ongoing assistance to a global power systems company in respect of the design and construction of an advanced manufacturing and technology facility, including defending against a circa 52 week extension of time claim;
- Successfully defending adjudication proceedings brought by a power-supply subcontractor in respect of various items in a payment application; and
- Providing risk management advice in respect of a hotel development agreement. Jennifer has been instructed to sit alongside the developer's commercial team throughout the course of the project to provide managing risk advice.
Qualification – September 2014
- College of Law, Manchester
Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (LPC) - Distinction
- St Chad's College, Durham University
Bachelor of Laws LLB (Hons) – First Class Honours (1st)