David advises clients across a number of business sectors on a wide range of commercial contracts, with a particular specialism in software and related technology matters.
Prior to joining the firm, David accumulated considerable experience in both private practice and industry roles, having previously worked in the European office of global manufacturer of consumer electronics (Brother) and the UK office of a leading international mail-order retailer (La Redoute).
Key recent instructions include:
- Advising several clients on the procurement of transformative technology platforms. During the course of such instructions David has supported the client's supplier evaluation processes and been engaged in the preparation and negotiation of contract documentation, covering matters such as software development & licensing and associated migration & configuration services.
- Developing innovative and compliant cross-border procurement solutions on behalf of the biggest single importer of produce in the UK, including time spent embedded within the client's operational and procurement divisions.
- Advising a leading airline on the appointment of a provider of key business infrastructure and network services.
- Negotiating multiple software licensing and transitional service arrangements in support of the acquisition of a proprietary software and services platform.
- Acting as a retained adviser to a provider of advanced engineering services in the aerospace, automotive and gas turbine industries, with particular emphasis on cross-border supply arrangements with prominent multinational customers.
- David has also recently spent time on secondment with a leading publicly-listed provider of services and solutions to the healthcare, social care and public infrastructure sectors.
- Professional memberships
- Society of Computers & Law
- Year qualified
- BA (Hons) American History & Society, University of Manchester
- GDL & LPC, BPP University (Leeds)