Bruce has many years of experience of commercial real estate matters covering a wide range of sectors with particular emphasis on retail.
Bruce started off his career qualifying in London and working there for 5 years before moving to Leeds to join Booth &Co which has since become Addleshaw Goddard. Over the years he has acted for institutional and private investors; Propcos; national infrastructure companies and a national supermarket chain. During this time he has developed significant experience in the retail sector, acting on many retail developments and the management of a number of shopping centres.
- Leading a multi-disciplinary team advising on all aspects of the management of the 1.5m sq. ft. Meadowhall Shopping Centre since 1992 including on its sale to British Land; its securitisation and recent part sale to Norges. This has included recent advice on the leisure extension for which planning permission has been granted but remains unimplemented.
- Acting for Network Rail on various development sites and more recently leading AG's team advising on their retail station portfolio.
- Lead real estate [partner acting for Asda Stores on their retail and logistics portfolio of approximately 650 sites.
- Advising Axiom on their proposed new 540,000 sq. ft. shopping Centre at Castleford and undertaking a number of anchor pre-lets and a deal to construct both a new country leisure park and new rugby league stadium for Castleford Tigers.
- Leading a team advising a number of Universities on the estate management including accommodation; leisure and retail as well as new developments supporting academic research e.g. Lancaster University's health innovation campus.
- Acting for private investors on industrial, agricultural, retail and leisure investments and development sites including the development of a site as significant film studios with proposals for the development of ancillary post production facilities. .
- Acting for British Land on the management of a number of retail parks and shopping centres, including St Stephen's Shopping Centre in Hull and acting on a number of corporate sales of retail assets.
- Professional memberships
- British Property Federation
- Law Society of England and Wales