Having trained and qualified with Addleshaw Goddard, Stephanie now specialises in non-contentious construction matters. Stephanie has experience in drafting and negotiating building contracts, professional appointments, warranties, and security documents and has acted for a variety of clients including developers, tenants, contractors, PFI consortia, public-sector bodies and financial institutions on a number of developments.
Stephanie's experience includes advising:
- advising on various projects within the higher education sector in relation to student accommodation (procured under JCT) for funders including Abbey National Treasury Services and HSBC Bank Plc;
- acting for Muse Developments Limited on a regeneration project in Blackpool with a capital value in excess of £45m. This included coordinating with Blackpool Borough Council as part of the Development Agreement in place, to draft the bespoke building contracts, appointments and warranties in connection with four developments;
- acting for Peel Media Limited on the development of MediaCity:UK. MediaCity:UK was procured under a JCT management form and involved a vast number of works contracts also on the JCT form;
- acting for Kingston Upon Hull City Council, in relation to their BSF projects. This includes work on 13 schools and Academies with a capital value in excess of £180 million;
- acting for the private sector PFI consortia for the Leicester BSF schemes. This included work on thirteen completed Design and Build schools with a capital value in excess of £73m;
- drafting and negotiating the JCT Design and Build contract and full suite of appointments for Zurich Assurance Limited in connection with a combined office and residential refurbishment;
- negotiating the JCT Design and Build contract (and pre construction services agreement) to be used by Beijing Construction and Engineering Group on the £800 million investment in Manchester Airport City;
- acting for Yorkshire Building Society in relation to the preparation of framework agreements for the refurbishment of approximately 225 branches over a ten year period and in relation to the installation of solar panels at two of their properties using the JCT minor works contract; and
- advising on a complex forward purchase and funding of a food store and mixed use development for the trustees of the Board of the Pension Protection Fund with the contract being carried out by a developer under JCT Design and Build form.
- BA Hons Japanese, University of Sheffield
- GDL and LPC (Distinction), College of Law, York
- Year qualified - 2010