Bruce is Head of AG's Competition practice and has been a partner for 12+ years. He advises clients on anti-trust enforcement (including immunity applications), M&A transactions, market investigations and competition enforcement matters before both the CMA and sectoral regulators, and has extensive experience of both advisory and litigation matters. Bruce acts for a number of regulated clients and has advised clients in the regulated utility sector (including major network operators) on a range of competition law, regulatory and state aid matters. His credentials include:
- advising clients and individuals in anti-trust enforcement cases (including business parcels, pharmaceuticals, bathroom fittings, construction and e-books) and associated applications for immunity;
- advising on complex mergers before the CMA (recent cases include JD Sports/Footasylum and Inspired Entertainment/Novomatic) and other regulators;
- advising on claimant and defence-side in "follow on" damages claims including trucks, envelopes and power cables and stand-alone competition claims (including Achilles v Network Rail); and
- advising on complex behavioural/business change processes.
Bruce's clients include Associated British Foods, JD Sports, Office Depot Europe, Inspired Entertainment, NKT Cables, the Road Haulage Association, Network Rail, SSE, Sainsbury's and Royal Mail Group. He is recognised in the Global Elite section of the International Who's Who (GCR) directory for the UK.
- Editor of LIDC Contributions on Antitrust Law, Springer
- French - good command
- Professional memberships
- The Competition Law Association (committee member)
Bruce is recognised as a leading practitioner in Chambers, International Who's Who and The Legal 500.
"Bruce Kilpatrick is an extremely capable lawyer, with top-drawer knowledge of even the most technical aspects of competition law"
“Bruce Kilpatrick gains consistent praise across the board from clients who call him "exceptionally bright, affable, experienced and down to earth”. He has particular experience in market investigations, mergers and state aid."