Andy is an Associate in the construction, engineering and environment team, specialising in dispute resolution and risk management.
Prior to training as a solicitor, Andy worked in-house at a market-leading engineering and technology firm where he developed his keen interest in complex energy and infrastructure projects.
Andy has experience in various forms of dispute resolution including Technology & Construction Court litigation, adjudication and mediation.
Andy's recent experience includes:
- Acting for an energy provider in successfully defending a claim in the TCC brought by a telecommunications company under the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991.
- Defending a claim against an energy provider brought by a wind farm operator for alleged defects in the works.
- Acting for the developer in a dispute with the main contractor concerning a defects claim on a development of 28 luxury homes.
- Advising a fire suppression company on a claim brought by an occupier's insurers as a result of a flooding incident.
- Advising a utility company in a criminal prosecution brought by the local authority for breach of health and safety regulations.
- Acting for the employer on a £1m redevelopment of a residential dwelling in a payment dispute with main contractor.
- Settling a claim against an architect for defective design on behalf of the subsequent purchaser.
- French - excellent command
- German - excellent command