Sajeed is an Associate in the Infrastructure, Projects and Energy team which he joined from Trowers & Hamlins' Bahrain office. Sajeed has experience of advising public and private sector clients across a wide-range of sectors, from health to financial services, with a particular focus on MENA based transactions.
Having lived and worked in the Middle East, Sajeed as a unique insight into infrastructure projects across the region and is familiar with the underlying principles of fiqh al-muamalat applied in a modern context.
- Supporting the legal and commercial teams at the DfT on a variety of issues in connection with train operator's NRC's and franchise agreements and other key agreements including but not limited to derogations, BPC revisions, key contract reviews, and variations.
- Advising National Grid ESO in relation to document automation of grid connection agreements (bilateral connection and construction contracts) and CUSC modifications;
- Currently advising Aviva Commercial Finance on the proposed restructuring of the Halton BSF Project; and
- Currently advising Trafford Borough Council on the receipt of viability funding to unlock the Carrington Estate regeneration project and associated issues with distributing the funding down to landowners / developers by drafting flow down documentation.
- University of Law, Birmingham
- University of Leicester