Lance is a registered foreign lawyer specialising in corporate finance and has expertise in debt and debt capital markets as well as special situations transactions such as restructurings and NPLs. He has also acted as counsel for financial institutions and public listed companies concerning complex financial regulatory and investigation matters.
Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, Lance practised at leading international firms in New York and Beijing and acted as senior in-house counsel at financial institutions in Shanghai and Hong Kong.
Representative experience includes:
- Advised the controlling shareholder in a restructuring of the outstanding US$350 million offshore bond debt issued by a Hong Kong listed company implemented through parallel schemes of arrangement in Hong Kong and the BVI, coupled with Chapter 15 recognition of the Hong Kong scheme in the US.
- Acted for a leading Chinese asset management company in its strategic cooperation with a global investment firm to invest in global leveraged lending products with underlying commitments of US$500 million.
- Acted for a Hong Kong based financial institution in its provision and restructuring of €170 million mezzanine financing to the special purpose vehicles sponsored by the controller of a Shenzhen listed company to acquire 60% of a global recycling and environmental services company headquartered in Germany.
- Acted for a Hong Kong based financial institution in a restructuring of HK$170 million outstanding loan extended to the controlling shareholder and secured by a charge over the tradable shares of a Hong Kong listed company.
- Advised sponsors of Agricultural Bank of China on its A and H share offerings and listed on the Shanghai and Hong Kong stock exchanges raising RMB68.5 billion and HK$81.3 billion.
- Advised sponsors of New China Life Insurance Co. on its dual IPO in Hong Kong and Shanghai, raising RMB3.69 billion and HK$10.3 billion.
- Advised sponsors of Far East Horizon Limited on its IPO in Hong Kong raising US$658 million.
- Advised Initial Purchasers for MBIA Insurance Corporation's US$1 billion Fixed-to-Floating Rate Surplus Note offering.
- Advised a global investment bank in connection with investigations by the DOJ and SEC into FCPA violations relating to its real estate investing operations in mainland China.
- Ranked: Hong Kong Corporate (including M&A), Legal 500, 2019.
- Northwestern University School of Law, LL.M.
- East China University of Political Science and Law, LL.B.
- Year Qualified - 2008 (New York)
- A Blueprint for Chinese Securitization, IFLR 45-47 (July ed., 2005)