Kathryn is an Associate in the Private Capital team.
Kathryn specialises in the drafting of Wills and Powers of Attorney. She advises clients as to the most tax efficient and appropriate methods of succession planning, both through Wills and by way of lifetime transfers.
Kathryn deals in contentious trusts and estates and provides advice to clients who are involved in a dispute. She has also successfully progressed and finalised estates in which a testamentary writing has been lost or not completed in accordance with statutory requirements.
Kathryn also advises clients who have business property and sets up appropriate vehicles to ensure these assets can pass in the most tax efficient manner.
- Successful negotiation of contentious executry and trust disputes
- Experience in cross-border estates with international assets
- Experience in Adults with Incapacity issues, including Guardianship Orders and Powers of Attorney
- Succession and tax planning for individuals and estates including preparation of Wills and advising in relation to potential Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax liabilities
- Full administration of estates and trusts from creation to preparation and completion of accounts and the winding up together with completion and submission of all forms required by HMRC
- Professional memberships
- Student Member of STEP
- Year qualified – 2012
- University of Edinburgh – Dip LP (2010)
- Edinburgh Napier University – LL.B. Law (Acc) (2009)
- Heriot Watt University – M.A. (Hons) International Management (2005)