Jonathan specialises in formal insolvency appointments, corporate restructuring and distressed property transactions.
He advises banks, building societies, asset based lenders and other financial institutions on all aspects of the restructuring and insolvency process and has worked closely with insolvency practitioners and other stakeholders on a number of high profile appointments.
Jonathan also has extensive experience acting on behalf of corporate entities on diverse matters that include business restructurings and provides advice to company boards and directors.
- Acting for the administrators of an employment agency who provided staff to some of the UK's largest retailers. The transaction secured in excess of 5,500 jobs.
- Acting for the administrators of a business that supplied gas and electricity to c.160,000 domestic customers which included the eventual sale of its business and assets. The instruction involved a number of key stakeholders which included Ofgem, its regulatory body. The deal was the first energy supplier to be subject to Ofgem's new Supplier of Last Resort policy.
- Advising financial institutions in connection with the successful restructuring of its debts or acting on debt portfolio sales, with significant experience both from a vendor and purchaser perspective.
- Acted for the joint administrators in respect of the sale of a large waste recycling business.
- Acted for a private equity house in the high profile management, trading and eventual sale of a multichannel retailer of equipment and accessories for children and young families.
- Acted for administrative receivers of a large fitness and leisure business operating a range of health clubs, hotels, bowling alleys and commercial premises across the United Kingdom.
- Advising property agents in the management and disposal of a number of significant portfolios that include apartment blocks, hotels, care homes, shopping centres and prestigious properties.