Tara Jamieson is an associate in the firm's Dubai office. She advises on a range of regional and international transactions and has experience of private mergers and acquisition, corporate restructurings, private equity investment and joint ventures and the negotiation of a variety of general commercial contracts.
She has been based in Dubai since 2016, having spent two years at a leading Dubai firm before joining Addleshaw Goddard in 2018. Prior to that, she trained and worked at leading Scottish firm, Brodies LLP.
Tara's recent roles include:
- Advising the Al Kabeer Group on the sale of various group entities throughout the Middle East to Savola Group.
- Advising a leading UAE-based civil engineering and building group on its acquisition of a Dubai-based contractor company and providing general legal advice in relation to the negotiation of its commercial contracts.
- Advising a wholly-owned subsidiary of a UAE government-owned entity on its joint venture arrangements with multiple international IT/IP providers and providing general legal advice on a range of corporate and commercial matters.
- Advising a leading Abu Dhabi-based oil and gas service provider on its joint venture with a UAE government investor group.
- Advising a Chinese-based ferroalloy and stainless steel manufacturer on its acquisition of a South African mining group.
- Professional memberships
Tara is a member of the Law Society of Scotland and is a Notary Public (with her seal registered at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office in the UK).
- Year qualified
- Accelerated LLB (2011 – University of Aberdeen)
- Diploma in Professional Legal Practice (2012 – University of Aberdeen)