Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard in 2013, Jennifer spent 8 years in the in-house legal team at Leeds Building Society, where she advised on a wide range of retail financial services regulatory and compliance issues.
At Addleshaw Goddard, Jennifer works for banks and building societies across our retail financial services client base with a real specialism in consumer finance (particularly mortgages), insurance and savings and current accounts.
Her experience includes:
- Providing advice to clients on the implementation of the MCD, advising on the regulatory changes and new requirements and supporting firms with their implementation projects, including drafting and providing legal sign off on requirements and documentation
- Reviewing and drafting terms and conditions for compliance with unfair contract terms legislation, business efficacy and regulatory compliance
- Current and savings accounts – drafting and reviewing terms and conditions, advising on application of PSRs and BCOBS and the implications of PAD and PSD2
- Insurance - drafting and negotiating agreements in respect of general insurance, including insurance distribution agreements and advising on application of ICOBS and the implications of PAD and the IDD
- Legal Practice Course, College of Law York (Distinction)
- Law, University of Hull (First Class)