Matthew is an associate in the Financial Regulation team at Addleshaw Goddard with a broad regulatory experience.
Since qualifying, Matthew has advised a range of financial service providers including fund and asset managers, retail and wholesale banks, pension funds and payment service providers. Prior to joining to Addleshaw Goddard, Matthew worked for a Silver Circle law firm in London where he gained experience in the fund and asset management sector.
Since joining Addleshaw Goddard, Matthew's practice has focused on advising on compliance with the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and the FCA's regulation of mortgages.
Matthew's recent experience includes:
- provision of technical advice in relation the Consumer Credit Act 1974, specifically on pre-contractual requirements;
- advising lenders on their mortgage documentation; and
- assisting clients with unfair contract terms and compliance with the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
- Year qualified
- LLB (Hons), University of Leeds (2012)
- Legal Practice Course, BPP (2013)