Judith has experience in advising financial institutions, insolvency practitioners and corporate clients on a range of primarily contentious matters arising from insolvency and distress situations, including:
- acting for the Viscount of the Royal Court of Jersey relation to matters of English Law, including the recognition of her appointments by the High Court, the exercise of her investigatory powers, and the conduct of complicated and high value proprietary claims in proceedings in the High Court involving a large number of parties;
- acting for financial institutions in defending claims/complaints brought by borrowers;
- assisting lenders with taking action to enforce their security, including personal guarantees;
- assisting insolvency practitioners with their investigations/realisation of assets through the use of their statutory powers pursuant to the Insolvency Act 1986, both within a corporate and personal insolvency context;
- acting for corporate clients in defending claims brought by insolvency practitioners and assisting in circumstances where insolvency proceedings have been threatened or commenced, for example applications for validation orders.