India joined the team in August 2019 as an Associate. India has gained commercial experience while on secondment at a leading oil and gas company dealing with various regulatory legal issues and carrying out internal investigations and advising.
India's recent experience includes:
- assisting in a major investigation into alleged tax evasion and related money laundering offences.
- advising clients in relation to bribery, money laundering and health and safety risks.
- assisting with a section two notice from the Serious Fraud Office including project management in leading document collection and review.
- responding to threatened Local Authority enforcement relating to numerous breaches of Tree Preservation and Conservation legislation.
- advising a leading online retailer on their terms and conditions relating to delivery charges and returns.
- dealing with allegations of breach of the consumer protection regime associated with reference pricing for a major fashion retailer.
- representing a corporate body at an Inquest associated with double fatal electrocutions on overhead lines.
- assisting with inquests, acting on behalf of three bereaved family members in the Manchester Arena bombing inquests.
- advising clients in relation to compliance with EU regulation on product and food labelling.
- reviewing corporate safeguarding policies.
India advises clients across a variety of different sectors including energy, retail and consumer, transport and construction. India was seconded to the Regulatory Compliance team of a leading oil and gas company at their offices in London. India gained a wide range of experience dealing with a variety of regulatory issues, including:
- conducting internal investigations.
- advising internally on compliance with anti-bribery and corruption legislation from both a UK and US perspective including reviewing and drafting internal policies, procedures, online training and template contract clauses.
- advising on the risks associated with conducting business in new markets and mitigation steps to be taken to minimise the risks while working with key stakeholders within the business.
- providing practical day to day advice in relation to compliance related queries from different members of the business.
- assisting in and preparing the business for the impact of new sanctions issued in US Executive Orders.
- preparing and giving presentations on significant regulatory updates and lessons learned.
- Professional memberships
- Year qualified
- University of York –2013 2.1 LLB (hons)
- BPP – Distinction