Helen is a Director in the Construction team, specialising in the drafting and negotiation of construction and engineering contracts, appointments and associated funding, security and development agreements. She has particular skill in risk management, multi-party contract negotiation and engendering solid working and team relationships in the pre- and intra- contract period. Her client base is industry wide, including non-specialist law firms, and her work is spread across the developer, funder, contractor, private and public sectors. Helen is recognised by clients, intermediaries and interested third parties as pragmatic and commercial in her practice.
- Advising Port Authority in their development of deep water and quayside facilities at Dundee, Scotland.
- Advising major German asset manager on the development and security/reliance elements relative to its proxy purchase of a landmark, city centre, mixed-use development in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Advising a large, private developer on its procurement and/or wholesale remediation, sale and leasing of listed, commercial and mixed-use stock across the UK. Also provision of development and construction advice and contract placement.
- Development and construction advice and contract placement for major UK-wide care home relative to its own development projects and its acquisitions.
- Advising a mega Industrial and Commercial Bank in respect of its development risk in its developer re-financing in respect of a bundle of profitable student accommodation developments and including the nuanced resolution of existing cladding defects across the schemes.