Elliott joined our London Restructuring team in September 2021, having completed his training contract in our Leeds office. Elliott has spent time on secondment in our Dubai office, working within our Corporate Finance and Restructuring team.
Elliott has acted on transactional and contentious matters for banks, insolvency practitioners, turnaround investors and companies.
- Acted for the liquidators in respect of offshore SPVs relating to the US$13bn restructuring of a major PRC parent company and carried out the forensic investigation into the issuance of bonds by the PRC offshore subsidiaries. The matter involved advising on the enforceability of Keepwell agreements in the PRC.
- Acted for the creditor committee in respect of the US$1.6bn restructuring of a prominent UAE investment group. Given the complexity of the group structure, the number of creditors and the group's proximity to NMC Health plc it will be one of the most unique restructurings in the region this year.
- Acted for administrators throughout the administration process of a group made up of 18 companies and valued at £80mn.
- Acted for a number of banks and funders on the validity and enforceability of their security.
- Acted for the receivers on the completion of several assignments of leases and deeds of surrender following the administration of the company holding the head lease.
- Advised administrators on the validity of their appointment.