Helge has more than 12 years' experience in advising clients on merger control as well as antitrust proceedings both before the European Commission and the (German) Federal Cartel Office. Clients trust his advice also in setting-up compliance programmes, internal investigations, establishing digital business models and competition law related disputes.
As regards European State aid law, Helge specializes mainly in regional aid for Greenfield investments, government guarantees, rescue & restructuring, hospital financing and infrastructure investments.
Since 2014 Helge serves as Senior Lecturer for EU State aid law at Leuphana University Lüneburg.
- City of Munich and München Klinik on financing in line with State aid rules
- German public broadcaster in several court proceedings relating to an alleged abuse of a market-dominant position by refusing to pay feed-in fees to cable network operators
- German premium automotive OEM on State aid for various Greenfield investments in CEE
- HUK-COBURG in one of the first follow-on claims for cartel damages in Germany and on competition compliance
- Various shareholders of SAKRET Europa GmbH & Co KG on competition compliance and an investigation by the Federal Cartel Office
- Professional Memberships
- Munich Bar Association (admitted 2007)
- American Society of International Law
- British Institute of Comparative and International Law
- Antitrust Law Research Association (Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht)
"Helge Heinrich is an excellent antitrust lawyer, who sees the bigger picture and delivers excellent advice services." Legal 500
Described by a client as being “well-connected and fast” with regard to EU State aid law, JUVE Handbook (2016/2017); recommended for EU State aid law in JUVE Handbook (2018/2019 and 2019/2020)