Jamie is a Partner in the Employment Group, based in our Manchester office. He acts for a wide range of clients, including UK and US listed companies, large private companies through to SMEs and senior executives. He has significant experience of advising clients within the financial, industrials and retail sectors respectively.
His expertise covers the entire spectrum of employment practice, including:
- Employment litigation, with a particular specialism in complex whistle-blowing, discrimination and other 'high stakes' disputes
- Executive terminations
- Change management processes, including mass changes to terms and conditions of employment, business reorganisations and redundancy
- Business protection work, such as the enforcement of restrictive covenants and the protection of confidential information
- Complex employee relations issues
- Advising on the transfers of undertakings, including cross-border transfers.
Named as a "leading individual" in employment law, Jamie is described by the directories as being "calm and user-friendly" and is noted for providing "clear insight into legal issues".
His recent experience includes:
- Advising a plc on the successful recovery of certain aspects of its intellectual property, following its misuse and unlawful disclosure by a senior employee
- Advising an LLP on the employment aspects arising on the potential purchase of a distressed law firm, including advice relating to the transfer of the relevant staff (concerning employees and numerous categories of members) and post-transfer harmonisation issues
- Advising a NASDAQ-listed industrials business on a UK-wide restructure, including advice on collective consultation, retention schemes and industrial relations
- Professional memberships
- The Employment Lawyers Association
- The European Employment Lawyers Association
- The Industrial Law Society
- The Employment Law Alliance
- Year qualified: 2001
- Staffordshire University - Legal Practice Course
- The College of Law (now The University of Law), Chester - Common Professional Examination
- Loughborough University – BSc (Hons)
- St Joseph's College, Staffordshire