Jamie is a Partner in the Employment, Incentives and Immigration Group.
He is named in the directories as a leading individual in employment law, which describe him as being "very experienced" and a "very thoughtful, detailed lawyer, with an impressive, poised style".
Acting for a range of clients, from UK and US listed businesses through to smaller organisations and senior executives, Jamie's practice covers the entire spectrum of employment law. A creative problem solver with a sharp business focus, Jamie is frequently instructed to assist with complex ER/IR issues. He is best regarded however, as a high stakes disputes expert, advising on significant litigation in the Employment Tribunal and the High Court, boardroom work (including handling exits in a listed environment, those within PE-backed private companies, and those with overlapping incentives' issues) and workplace investigations.
Jamie is a market leading adviser on business protection work. He is highly experienced in advising on team moves and helping employers to manage the risk stemming from employees and third parties who pose a threat to their legitimate interests, by taking action (ranging from securing undertakings or obtaining injunctive relief, to pursuing claims for damages/loss of profits) to enforce the employer's rights.
Jamie is an experienced public speaker and trainer for events ranging from conferences to round table sessions with business leaders.
His recent experience includes:
- Advising a plc on the successful recovery of certain aspects of its intellectual property, following its misuse and unlawful disclosure by a senior employee
- Advising an LLP on the employment aspects arising on the potential purchase of a distressed law firm, including advice relating to the transfer of the relevant staff (concerning employees and numerous categories of members) and post-transfer harmonisation issues
- Advising a NASDAQ-listed industrials business on a UK-wide restructure, including advice on collective consultation, retention schemes and industrial relations
- Professional memberships
- The Employment Lawyers Association
- The European Employment Lawyers Association
- The Industrial Law Society
- The Employment Law Alliance
- Year qualified – 2001
- Staffordshire University – Legal Practice Course
- The College of Law (now The University of Law), Chester – Common Professional Examination
- Loughborough University – BSc (Hons)
- St Joseph's College, Staffordshire