Geoff is Managing Associate in the English Real Estate team, based in the firm's Edinburgh office. He has experience in a broad range of real estate matters, including sales and acquisitions, landlord and tenant, estate management, property finance and corporate support. He also has significant experience in the renewable energy sector, particularly in relation to solar and onshore wind projects.
Geoff has experience working for a broad range of clients, including developers, investors, occupiers and funders across the commercial property spectrum.
- Acting for a nationwide pub retailer on a series of disposals as parts of a group restructuring exercise.
- Acting for insolvency practitioners in respect of asset management for a large regional shopping centre.
- Acting for Sigma Capital Group on its ground-breaking joint venture project set to deliver up to 2000 private rented sector units.
- Acting for a property investor client in relation to the disposal of several residential portfolios comprising in excess of 2000 units in total by way of block sales and individual plot sales.
- Acting for a student housing provider on the refinancing of its portfolio of student accommodation in London.
- Acting for Santander on the refinancing of a portfolio of care homes across England & Wales.
- Acting on a development portfolio of farm based solar park projects located across England and Wales.
- Professional memberships
- Law Society
- University of Glasgow, LLB (Hons) 2001 – 2005
- University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand, Study Abroad 2003 – 2004
- Glasgow Graduate School of Law, DipLP 2005 – 2006
- Year qualified:
- Scotland – 2008 (now non-practising)
- England – 2010