Ed is a Managing Associate in the Dispute Resolution team in Leeds. He specialises in commercial and financial litigation and civil fraud. Ed has experience advising corporates, financial institutions and high-net-worth individuals on a range of English and multi-jurisdictional disputes including in the aerospace, natural resources and financial services sectors. Before moving to Leeds, Ed worked for a City firm and has extensive High Court experience, including working on one of The Lawyer's Top 20 cases of 2019.
Ed's recent exprience includes:
- Acting for a sovereign state in its multi-billion pound claims in London's Commercial Court against international oil corporations and a global investment bank in relation to an alleged fraudulent scheme concerning an offshore oil field.
- Acting for an aerospace supplier in London's Technology and Construction Court in relation to a warranty dispute under a share purchase agreement.
- Acting for a German real estate company against a global investment bank in relation to the recovery of sums allegedly paid out under duress.
- Defending a discretionary investment manager against investor claims for breach of mandate.
- Acting for a global steel producer in an LCIA arbitration with an Asian supplier in relation to non-payment for delivery of goods.
- Year qualified
- College of Law London: LLB (Hons) Law (First Class Honours)
- University of Nottingham: BA Management Studies