Chris has over 20 years advising public and private sector clients and funders on all aspects of the procurement of infrastructure and development projects across a wide range of sectors including over 20 PFI/PPP projects (including waste, education, blue light, health, transport and accommodation projects); transport projects including heavy and light rail procurements and road and port projects; energy projects including energy from waste, offshore wind, solar and CHP projects; town hall redevelopments; mixed use commercial developments; logistics and warehousing projects; refurbishment projects and new build PRS developments.
Chris advises on the standard construction and engineering forms of contract (JCT, NEC, IChemE, MF/1 and FIDIC) as well as bespoke forms, consultants appointments, warranties, parent company guarantees, bonds and development agreements.
Examples of Chris range of experience on major projects includes:
- Advising West Midlands Combined Authority on its 10 year one billion pound Midland Metro Extension Alliancing Project
- Advising the Falkland Islands Government on its early contractor involvement NEC4 design and build new port procurement (contract completed April 2020)
- Advising Greater Manchester Waste Authority on all construction aspects of its waste PFI procurement including c. £750 million of capex investment in new facilities and advising on the termination of the project
- Advising Westrock Group on four PRS developments including all appointments and building contracts and funding and on a development project for affordable, a new town hall and CHP project in Crawley
- Advising Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust on construction aspects of the termination of its Royal Hospital, Liverpool PFI project following the collapse of Carillion and on the procurement of consultants, a management contractor and works contractors to complete the project
- Professional Memberships
- The Law Society