Chris is a Managing Associate in the Professional Practices Group and works predominantly for UK national and international professional services firms and other people businesses on a broad range of non-contentious and contentious issues including mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, joint ventures, governance and constitutional matters and partner exits and disputes.
Chris regularly works with senior and managing partners on key strategic projects and is an integral member of the Professional Practices Group.
He has an extensive knowledge of LLP and partnership law, and is particularly recognised for his expertise on governance and constitutional issues, mergers and acquisitions, and SRA and international regulatory matters and structuring issues.
Recent work highlights include:
- leading on a full-scale constitutional and governance review for an international law firm;
- advising a major accounting firm on its constitutional arrangements (with a particular focus on restrictive covenants);
- advising on merger transactions in France and Canada for an international professional services firm;
- advising a leading US law firm on the opening of a new SRA authorised office; and
- advising a major international law firm on its international structuring and the drafting of bespoke litigation funding arrangements.
Chris has a leading reputation in the professional practices market and has been ranked in Chambers UK 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 as an “Associate to watch” and Legal 500 2020 as a “Rising star”.
Chris is a member of the Association of Partnership Practitioners where he sits as a member of the Up and Coming Committee and leads the firm’s internal Professional Practices Focus Group.
- Professional memberships
- Association of Partnership Practitioners
"Makes complex matters straightforward and possesses seemingly endless patience"
Legal 500 (2020)
"Greatly valued by clients for indispensable work"
Chambers UK (2018)
"A highly skilled and creative draftsman"
Chambers UK (2017)