Casper is an associate who specialises in resolving and avoiding construction and engineering disputes.
Casper has experience in various forms of dispute resolution including litigation in the Technology and Construction Court, adjudication and mediation. He is familiar with most standard forms of domestic and international construction contracts including JCT, NEC and FIDIC and has acted in disputes surrounding breach of contract, delay, damages, extension of time claims, defective work, professional negligence and termination.
Casper's recent experience includes:
- Acting for a developer in relation to the disputed termination of a main contractor, which was successfully resolved following mediation.
- Acting for main and sub-contractors in payment disputes, repudiatory breaches of contract, liquidated damages, extension of time claims and defects.
- Acting for a developer in relation to a professional negligence claim against former advisers.
- Advising a specialist sub-contractor in relation to defects appearing in modular-built units supplied for use in student accommodation.
- Advising a landowner in respect of a disputed water distribution agreement.