Casper is an associate who specialises in resolving and avoiding construction and engineering disputes.
Casper has experience in various forms of dispute resolution including litigation in the Technology and Construction Court, adjudication and mediation. He is familiar with most standard forms of domestic and international construction contracts including JCT, NEC and FIDIC and has acted in disputes surrounding breach of contract, delay, damages, extension of time claims, defective work, professional negligence and termination.
Casper's recent experience includes:
- acting for a developer defending litigation proceedings brought in relation to alleged losses and entitlements arising from variations and extensions of time.
- acting for a gas distribution network in a series of adjudications relating to the valuation and time effects of compensation events for a large pipeline.
- acting for employers across multiple sectors in relation to latent defects claims against contractors.
- acting for a developer in relation to a negligence claim against its civil engineer.
- acting for a developer in relation to the disputed termination of a main contractor, which was successfully resolved following mediation.
- acting for main and sub-contractors in payment disputes, repudiatory breaches of contract, liquidated damages, extension of time claims and defects.
- University of Sheffield – Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice (2018) – Distinction.
- University of Sheffield – Masters in Law (QLD) (2017) – Distinction.
- University of Leeds – Philosophy (BA Hons) (2017) – 2:1.