Amanda is a recognised pre-eminent lawyer in the UK for her specialist practice in retail financial services and payments. She is the head of the Financial Regulation Team at AG.
During her career, she has spent time as a practicing barrister, was a legal adviser at a UK regulator and worked in a magic circle law firm before joining AG.
Amanda is frequently called upon to advise on strategically important projects, new product launches and regulatory issues. She is an active voice in the industry and is often at the forefront of thought leadership for the industry, particularly in relation to regulatory developments. She is a regular adviser to trade associations, including UK Finance and the FLA.
She has extensive experience in the following:
- All aspects of consumer and regulated lending. She has advised a large number of clients on all major implementation projects in this area, including CCA reform, CCD implementation, Credit Card enquiry, Persistent Debt Remedies, Breathing Space, COVID lending and forbearance;
- Supporting regulatory advice on payment, including implementation of PSD1, PSD2, Opening Banking, CMA Order, Wire Transfer Regs, CBPRs, SEPA Regulation and CBPR2;
- Advising on regulated banking products, including large scale reviews and redrafts of retail and commercial banking terms, implementation of PAD.
- Brexit advice for firms on the payments, banking and consumer finance space.
- Assisting clients with digital and paperless strategies, including providing regulatory assistance on the launch of a new digital bank.