Alison has specialised in non-contentious construction and engineering law for over 20 years and is accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a specialist in Construction Law. She is dual qualified as a solicitor in Scotland and in England.
Alison has worked with clients across various sectors including real estate development, renewables PPP/PFI, public sector and education.
Alison has experience on the construction aspects of project financed infrastructure projects (including PFI, NPD and Hub) and new projects and variations to existing projects in both Scotland and England.
- Advising BAM Construction on construction contracts and interface agreements for Barrhead and Our Lady & St Patrick High Schools procured under the Scottish hub framework
- Advising care home developer and operator in relation to the construction contracts, appointments and warranties for new care home developments across Scotland
- Advising apart-hotel developer on construction contracts for 2 developments in Edinburgh
- Advising major football club on construction contracts for stadium re-development project
- Advising funder re-engineering contracts and design team appointments for the redevelopment of Peterhead Harbour
Legal 500 2016
- Professional memberships
- Society of Construction Law
- University of Strathclyde, LLB(Hons) - 1986
- University of Strathclyde, Diploma in Legal Practice - 1987
- University of East Anglia, M.PhiL - 1992
- Year qualified - 1992