Matthew is an Associate in the Commercial Services team, and primarily focusses on data protection, commercial contracts, IT and intellectual property. Matthew joined Addleshaw Goddard upon qualification in 2017 and advises clients across a number of key sectors, including sport, transport, technology and financial services.
Matthew has worked on a number of GDPR compliance projects and has experience undertaking data audits, developing GDPR compliant policies and contracts, negotiating data protection drafting with suppliers, and the day to day management of large-scale projects.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising a leading Scottish football club on their GDPR compliance project, with a focus on the development and ongoing management of a compliant marketing strategy and drafting a suite of GDPR compliant season ticket renewal forms to reflect the club's additional data protection obligations.
- Extensive involvement in the delivery of a large GDPR compliance project for a major Scottish airport, including completing and audit of all personal data handled by each department and identifying the relevant risks, undertaking a contract amendment exercise, and updating the entire suite of internal policies and customer facing privacy notices.
- Working with a leading sports hospitality coordinator and provider to develop a compliant data sharing strategy with the International Cricket Council and internationally based travel companies as part of their role in the delivery of the 2019 Cricket World Cup.
- Advising an international fast food chain on the data protection elements of an online competition being run in support of grassroots football clubs, in particular, the drafting of relevant fair processing information and advice on gathering GDPR compliant consent for future marketing communications.
- Developing a full suite of policies and contracts for a global financial technology service provider to accommodate their complex data transfer arrangements involving countries based outside of the European Economic Area.
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- Scots Law (LLB Hons), University of Dundee
- Diploma in Professional Legal Practice (PGDip), University of Aberdeen
- Year qualified - 2017