Libby is a partner and Head of Finance at Addleshaw Goddard in Ireland. Libby acts for Irish and international banks and financial institutions in relation to domestic and international bilateral and syndicated facilities, property financings and acquisition financings.
Libby advises investment and commercial banks and borrowers in relation to the full spectrum of financial products including leveraged and acquisition finance, green finance, leveraged fund finance, property and development finance and loan portfolio sales. In recent years she has had a particular focus on commercial and residential real estate investment and development finance advising banks, developers and investors including advising lenders on social housing financing transactions.
Recent Experience includes advising:
- Bank of Ireland in respect of various development facilities (in the aggregate amount of €40,000,000) provided to an Irish developer for the purpose of developing in excess of 350 residential units across various sites in Dublin and Limerick.
- Corum Eurion SCPI as Borrower in a €60,000,000 Irish CRE portfolio equity release Facility Agreement with Allied Irish Banks plc.
- A leading international re-insurance company in the purchase of a €750,000,000 portfolio of Irish law governed lifetime loans and mortgages.
Representative Clients include:
Allied Irish Banks plc, Bank of Ireland, Finance Ireland, Danske Bank AS, Corum Asset Management, Portwest International, Home Building Finance Ireland.
“Libby is thorough and extremely nice to deal with…Her thriving practice is built on her expertise in real estate finance and debt refinancing matters.”
Chambers Europe, 2022
“Libby Garvey is the key individual for us. Libby is approachable, intelligent and curious. She is able to call out and deal with complex corners of an issue and retains a good level of oversight of her team’s work, meaning appropriate seniority is given to our matters.”
Legal 500 EMEA, 2021
“Libby showcases extensive practical banking experience and is focused on finding a successful resolution to legal issues.”
Chambers Europe, 2021
“Libby is the key person for our firm’s transactions. She is supported by a strong team.”
Legal 500 EMEA, 2020
“Libby is very down to earth and approachable…she will deliver excellent service in a timely fashion.”
Chambers Europe, 2020
“Libby provides hands-on, commercial and fast-paced advice”
Legal 500 EMEA, 2019
“Clients describe Libby as a very effective communicator”
Chambers Europe, 2019
- Professional Memberships
Member of the Law Society of Ireland, the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association and the International Bar Association.
Libby lectures on banking law subjects for a number of educational bodies including the Law Society of Ireland.
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales, The Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- Bachelor of Civil Law (B.C.L.), University College Dublin
- Masters in European Law (L.L.M), University College Dublin