JD specialises in designing, drafting and implementation of all types of management and employee incentives plans, mainly in the private equity and unquoted companies arena (including AIM), often with an international dimension. His practice is wide-ranging and includes:
- advising on tax efficient share incentives, such as EMI, CSOP, SIP, SAYE, as well as growth share and joint ownership plans
- advising on carried interest and co-investment plans
- establishment and operation of employee benefit trusts
- employee and management incentives issues on corporate transactions including private equity acquisitions, management buy outs, IPOs and takeovers
He also advises on the employment taxation aspects of non-domiciled and internationally mobile employees.
Recent matters on which JD has advised include:
- advising redT Energy in connection with the incentives aspects of its merger with Avalon Batteries Corporation
- advising Silixa on management incentivisation by the grant of EMI options over growth shares.