Fiona is a Partner at Addleshaw Goddard specialising in complex commercial, IS, payment and FinTech arrangements in the financial services sector.
Fiona is listed in Who's Who Legal (2018) as a Leading Individual in Fintech Law. She sits on the editorial board of the journal, Payments & Fintech Lawyer and the Lexis Nexis Consulting Editorial Board for Commercial Law. Fiona also sits on the board of Startupbootcamp's Colab programme for Europe.
Fiona heads AG's FinTech Group, acting for financial institutions in bringing new payment solutions, including ApplePay, Samsung Pay and Android Pay, to market.
Her expertise also includes outsourcing and other complex commercial arrangements in the investment banking, retail banking, insurance and asset management sectors. She leads in strategic advisory work, multi-jurisdictional business process outsourcings (back and middle office) platform integration, facilities management and global administration services for multinational corporations, banks, asset managers and global insurers.
Fiona is a leader in her field on advice relating to strategic alliances and joint ventures including for arrangements of pension, credit card, loan, mortgage and related insurance products acting for both suppliers and customers.
She also specialises in advising in the field of retail payments including payment services and commercial arrangements relating to digital and mobile payment solutions, payment aggregation and merchant acquiry both in the UK, US and further afield.
Fiona is a regular speaker at an international conference events on FinTech and payments law including Pay Expo Europe, the Westminster Forum Projects and European Women In Payments.
- Years qualified: 1999 (as a barrister) and 2005 as a solicitor
- Lincoln College, Oxford – MA in Jurisprudence
- Listed as a leading Payments & Fintech lawyer. Global Table (2019)
- "Fintech expert Fiona Ghosh is a key name to note." The Legal 500 (2019)
- "Practice head Fiona Ghosh's 'tremendous business acumen complements her obvious legal expertise.'" The Legal 500 (2019)
- "'An excellent lawyer' who is highly sought after thanks to her expansive technical knowledge" Who's Who Legal (2018)
- "Fiona Ghosh’s payments and commercial contract experience comes highly praised." Chambers Fintech 2018 (Professional Advisers: FinTech)
- Listed in the 'Women in FinTech Powerlist 2017'
- "Fiona is 'exceptional'" The Legal 500 (2016)
- "Fiona is ''an extremely powerful ally as she understands requirements intuitively, and then exceeds them'." The Legal 500 (2013)