Fiona is a Partner at Addleshaw Goddard specialising in complex commercial, IS, payment and FinTech arrangements.
Fiona sits on the Lexis Nexis Consulting Editorial Board for Commercial Law and the editorial board of the journal, Payments & Fintech Lawyer.
She is listed in Who’s Who Legal (2019) as a Global Thought Leader in Fintech Law, Innovate Finance's Women in FinTech Powerlist 2018 for Professional and Financial Services and as a leading Commercial and Payments & Fintech lawyer in both Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 (2019).
Fiona heads AG's FinTech Group, acting for financial institutions and Fintechs in bringing new payment solutions, including Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Android Pay, to market.
Fiona is a leader in her field on advice relating to strategic alliances and joint ventures including for arrangements of good and services including pension, credit card, loan, mortgage and insurance products acting for both suppliers and customers across a wide range of industries from automotive, retail and financial services.
Her expertise also includes outsourcing and other complex commercial arrangements. She leads in strategic advisory work, multi-jurisdictional business process outsourcings (back and middle office) platform integration, facilities management and global administration services for multinational corporations, banks, asset managers and global insurers.
She specialises in advising in the field of retail payments including payment services and commercial arrangements relating to digital and mobile payment solutions, payment aggregation and merchant acquiry both in the UK, US and further afield.
Fiona is a regular speaker at international conference events on Commercial, FinTech and Payments law.
- "Practice head Fiona Ghosh's 'tremendous business acumen complements her obvious legal expertise.'" Legal 500 (2019)
- "very sensible and knowledgeable" Chambers & Partners (2019)
- "Fintech expert Fiona Ghosh is a key name to note." Legal 500 (2019)
- "Leading ranked Fintech lawyer" Chambers & Partners (2019)
- "she has a clear view of the legal aspects, the practical application of regulations and also the approach of other institutions." Chambers & Partners (2019)
- "looks for the tough questions clients don't think of". Legal 500 (2019)
- "'An excellent lawyer' who is highly sought after thanks to her expansive technical knowledge." Who's Who Legal (2018)
- "Fiona Ghosh’s payments and commercial contract experience comes highly praised." Chambers & Partners (2018) (Professional Advisers: FinTech)
- 'Innovative Finance Powerlist for Woman in Fintech 2017, 2018'
- Years qualified: 1999 (as a barrister) and 2005 as a solicitor
- Lincoln College, Oxford – MA in Jurisprudence