Antonia is an Associate in commercial litigation specialising in finance disputes, insolvency litigation, and general contractual disputes. Antonia has experience in contentious matters of securing positive judgments in the Scottish courts, resolving commercial disputes through mediation, and delivering successful outcomes via arbitration.
Antonia has considerable experience and a proven track record in dealing with contractual disputes consisting of highly technical and specialist areas of expertise which require her to become a subject matter expert in order to resolve these disputes effectively. Recent examples include disputes concerning manufacture of products for use in the oil and gas industry, hydraulics, and the operation of tug boats.
Having spent a period on secondment to the Royal Bank of Scotland's in-house litigation team, Antonia has experience of instructing litigation in a variety of countries from a client's perspective. Antonia advised a variety of business sectors while on secondment including disputes involving IP/IT, supply contracts, and compliance matters.
Antonia has enrolled in a mediation course and is due to qualify as an accredited mediator in 2017.
- Obtaining interim orders before service on behalf of company's administrators. Orders prevented the transfer of assets sold prior to administration in cases where there was of suspected fraud in excess of £1m.
- Success in defending an action pursued against a UK major Bank for payment of sums in excess of £5m.
- Experience in the recovery of debts due to secured lenders. Recent successes include the recovery of a property portfolio securing debts worth circa. £30m.
- Success at mediation of in respect of two commercial Court of Session Actions concerning breaches of franchise agreements worth £350,000.
- Recovery of dilapidations and unpaid rent worth £1m.
- Experience in defending a health and safety prosecution brought against a harbour authority in respect of a shipping incident which resulted in fatalities.
- University of Dundee – LLB Scots Law (Hons) (2006 - 2010)
- University of Dundee – Diploma in Legal Practice (2010 - 2011)
- Year qualified - 2013