Antonia is a Managing Associate in commercial litigation experienced in finance disputes, joint venture and shareholder disputes, and general contractual disputes. Antonia has experience of resolving contentious matters in the DIFC Courts, the Dubai Onshore Courts and the Abu Dhabi Global Market Courts. She also has experience of handling commercial disputes by arbitration and mediation.
Antonia has a proven track record in dealing with contractual disputes consisting of highly technical and specialist areas of expertise which require her to become a subject matter expert in order to resolve these disputes effectively. Recent examples include disputes concerning manufacture of products for use in the oil and gas industry, hydraulics, and the operation of tug boats.
Having spent a period of time on secondment to the Royal Bank of Scotland's in-house litigation team in the UK, Antonia has experience of conducting litigation in a variety of countries from a client's perspective. Antonia advised a variety of business sectors while on secondment including disputes involving IP/IT, supply contracts, and compliance matters.
Antonia qualified as an accredited mediator in 2018.
Prior to joining the Dubai office, Antonia was part of the commercial litigation team in the Firm’s Edinburgh office.
- Obtaining interim orders before service on behalf of company's administrators. Orders prevented the transfer of assets sold prior to administration in cases where there was of suspected fraud in excess of £1m.
- Success in defending an action pursued against a UK major Bank for payment of sums in excess of £5m.
- Experience in the recovery of debts due to secured lenders. Recent successes include the recovery of a property portfolio securing debts worth circa. £30m.
- Success at mediation of in respect of two actions concerning breaches of franchise agreements worth £350,000.
- Recovery of dilapidations and unpaid rent worth £1m.
- Experience in defending a health and safety prosecution brought against a harbour authority in respect of a shipping incident which resulted in fatalities.