Andy is a Managing Associate in the Employment Group, who has recently (September 2016) joined the Employment team in Leeds from Nabarro LLP. Andy has 8 years' experience and is returning to the Leeds market where he trained and qualified.
Andy works closely with his clients to get an understanding of how their businesses operate and appreciates that commercial pressure sometimes means that innovative solutions are needed to achieve client objectives.
Andy has experience in all aspects of employment including contentious, non-contentious and transactional. Examples of recent work include:
- Assisting clients on redundancies, restructurings and TUPE transfers, including election and consultation processes and changes to terms and conditions;
- Advising clients on public and private sector procurement contracts;
- Providing support to corporate and real estate teams on the buying and selling of shares, businesses and properties;
- Advising clients on all statutory and contractual employment rights, including holiday pay, family-friendly rights, duties of employees, restrictive covenants, confidentiality and data protections (including the provision of training to the relevant members of management);
- Assisting clients with ill-health (in particular in the context of mental illness) and performance management; and
- Defending tribunal litigation, including actions by multiple claimants and high value discrimination claims. Examples include defending 275 claims for alleged failure to consult pursuant to section 188 TULR(C)A 1992 and defending a £multi-million age discrimination claim brought by two senior partners.
Andy has experience of acting for a range of clients including those in the manufacturing, education, real estate, financial, technology and retail industries. Andy has also acted for both local authorities and contractors when advising on large outsourcing projects.
- Prince Henry's Grammar School, Otley
- Accountancy and Law, Newcastle University
- LPC, York College of Law