Mike is a leading real estate development lawyer with over 25 years’ experience, specialising in office/retail investment and development, residential development and strategic land deals.
Mike’s clients include well known investors and fund managers as well as property companies, where a proactive approach and sound commercial and legal advice are essential.
- Acquisition, development, lease and sale of Broadway One, Glasgow for Ediston/IVG – 125,000sq ft office development let to Tesco Personal Finance and sold to a German fund
- Acquisition for Triuva of Quartermile 4, Edinburgh.
- Sale for Triuva of No 1 Whitehall, Leeds.
- Re-gear of an office investment in Manchester at a rent of circa £1.25 million pa.
- Acquisition for Ediston/Europa of Buildings 1000-3000 Cathedral Hill, Guildford for refurbishment and lease regears.
- Acquisition for Ediston/Europa of Heathfield Retail Park, Ayr and Pasteur Retail Park, Great Yarmouth and all ongoing asset management work.
- Lead property adviser on Edinburgh Tram project, involving negotiating land acquisitions/agreements with stakeholders and implementing CPO acquisitions.
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- University of Aberdeen – Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Law
- University of Aberdeen – Diploma in Legal Practice
- Henley Business School (University of Reading) – currently studying for a MSc in Real Estate Investment and Finance
- Year qualified - 1989