Ben is a Legal Director in our specialist Energy Team and has extensive private practice and senior in-house experience (including secondment to Scottish & Southern Electricity Networks' legal team). He provides regulatory, corporate and commercial advice across a broad range of energy-related matters. He has particular expertise in renewable energy projects and the development of the electricity generation, transmission and distribution systems.
Ben's experience includes advising:
- Octopus Energy on its acquisition of Co-Op Energy.
- Scotia Gas Networks on its strategic joint venture with J Murphy & Son Limited.
- SSE Thermal on the sale of 50% of its stake in the Slough Multifuel energy from waste project to Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners.
- Northern Ireland Electricity Networks on regulatory matters in respect to transmission and distribution networks.
- Equitix on a number of energy project acquisitions, including a biomass fuelled district heat network.
- National Grid Engineering & Consultancy Services on its standard form contracts.
- Barnsley Metropolitan and Leeds City councils on district heat networks.