Andrew is a Managing Associate in the construction team, with 13 years' post-qualified experience specialising in construction and energy sector work. He advises developers, contractors and sub-contractors, consultants, funders, and non-specialist law-firms across all sizes of project - large and small; heavy industrial to commercial & retail.
Andrew specialises in drafting, negotiating, and concluding construction and renewables contracts in the commercial sector. He advises on procurement routes including on forms of contract, and has extensive experience of getting results for clients in this demanding and technical area of the law. Andrew is well-connected within Scotland's construction industry, having specialised in this area since qualifying as a solicitor in 2003.
Andrew has particular experience in the energy sector. Andrew has worked on more than 100 separate renewable energy projects of all sizes, from community-based feed-in tariff schemes to industrial energy-from-waste and anaerobic digestion schemes.
- Advising investment purchaser on construction elements of major shopping centre purchase, including due diligence review and negotiating on funder package across multiple construction contracts, appointments, and guarantees
- Advising Zebec Energy on 15-year Operations & Maintenance contract for energy-from-waste plant, including construction and commissioning responsibilities, negotiation around acceptable availability and operational criteria, and contract term extensions
- Advising Briggs Marine Service on linkspan, pontoon, and sub-surface civil works around operational ferry berths, including on risk profile, consultancy appointments, and sub-contract terms
- Advising Morrison Community Care Group on construction procurement, contract structuring, design & build contract, appointments, and funder due diligence for new care home
- Advising major football club on construction and demolition project including advising on sequencing, contract structuring, and consultancy responsibilities
- Professional memberships
- Member of the Law Societies of Scotland and of England and Wales
- Edinburgh University – LLB Hons (2:1) - 2000
- Edinburgh University – Diploma in Legal Practice - 2001
- Oxford Brookes University – Qualified Lawyers' Transfer Test - 2007
- Year qualified - 2003