Josianne is a Managing Associate in the Litigation team, based in London. She has commercial litigation and dispute resolution experience across the professional indemnity, financial institutions and construction practice areas and advises on a varied caseload of insurance/reinsurance claims and coverage disputes.
Josianne’s work involves Court litigation as well as international arbitration and mediation disputes. Josianne is a fluent Arabic speaker. Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, she spent two years in Dubai with an international law firm where she advised on UAE Court and DIFC litigation including some of the MENA region’s highest value insurance claims.
Josianne's non-contentious experience includes advising policyholders on their insurance programme and policy wordings reviews.
- Acting for a UAE Bank against the insurer of a credit insurance policy in a US$16m multi-party International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) arbitration, seated in Dubai.
- Advising the international reinsurance market on policy issues from a major regulatory investigation into a UAE telecoms company resulting in the suspension of share trading and followed by multi-million dollar shareholder derivative claims in Saudi Arabia.
- Successfully defending a Dubai based insurance company in the Dubai Court of First Instance in respect of a US$350m claim brought by a foreign exchange centre and notified under a bankers blanket bond policy.
- Shepherd Construction Limited v Pinsent Masons LLP  EWHC 43 (TCC), defending an international law firm in a professional negligence claim relating to advice given on the effect of "pay when paid" clauses and the effect of the Enterprise Act 2002.
- Acting for a global professional services provider in connection with investigations into the acquisition and subsequent management of Rangers FC.
- Professional memberships
- British Insurance Law Association
- BPP University Law School – Legal Practice Course (2009)
- University of Essex – LLB (Hons) English and European Laws (2008)
- Year qualified (2012)