Josianne is a Managing Associate in the commercial litigation team, based in London. She has commercial litigation and dispute resolution experience across the professional indemnity, financial institutions and construction practice areas and advises on a varied caseload of insurance/reinsurance claims and coverage disputes.
Josianne’s work involves Court litigation as well as international arbitration and mediation disputes. Josianne is a fluent Arabic speaker. Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, she spent two years in Dubai with an international law firm where she advised on UAE Court and DIFC litigation including some of the MENA region’s highest value insurance claims.
Josianne's non-contentious experience includes advising policyholders on their insurance programme and policy wordings reviews.
Previous experience includes:
- acting for the Co-operative insurance in a claim in the Technology and Construction Court against IBM for losses of c.£130 million resulting from a breach of contract arising out of a Master Services Agreement for a software transformation programme
- Acting for a major US client in arbitrations relating to a $50 million coverage dispute in respect of alleged third party liabilities arising from one of its products installed in residential homes.
- advising in a €40 million coverage dispute arising out of a Construction All Risks insurance policy relating to damage to sub-sea utility cables
- Advising a GCC-based director of an international construction company on coverage under a Directors and Officers insurance policy in respect of a regulatory investigation and claims brought against the director as a result of financial losses suffered by the company.
- Acting for a Dubai based petrochemical company in a $ 5 million coverage dispute arising out of a trade credit insurance policy in the Dubai International Financial Centre Court.
- Advising a Middle Eastern Bank on issues arising out of its Banker's Blanket Bond Policy.
- UK Government step in to support businesses through trade credit insurance guarantee, 18 May 2020
- Coronavirus and business interruption insurance – pandemic protection? 23 March 2020
- Court of Appeal overturns High Court decision which held that insurance and reinsurance lawyers did not have "experience of insurance or reinsurance" and were therefore precluded from appointment as an arbitrator, 21 March 2018
- Supreme Court Guidance: interpretation of insuring clauses in construction contracts, 21 November 2017
- Pre-action disclosure of an insurance policy refused by the TCC, 9 June 2017
- Arabic - fluent
- Professional memberships
- British Insurance Law Association