Tom is an Associate in our commercial team. He has significant in-house experience from three secondments with FTSE 100 companies. He provides pragmatic advice to clients on a range of commercial matters, including IT outsourcing and technology, supply of goods and services, distribution of products (including regulated financial products), and arrangements relating to the exploitation of IP rights.
Tom was recognised as a "rising star" for IT and telecoms work in The Legal 500 2020.
His recent experience includes:
- Commercial secondment to a global consumer goods company, helping the business to navigate the COVID-19 crisis.
- Advising a FTSE 100 company on the procurement of a business critical ERP software solution.
- Advising HarperCollins on IP and commercial matters in relation to its acquisition of Egmont's children's books business in the UK, Germany and Poland.
- Advising leading banks and household name consumer companies on insurance distribution arrangements, including aggregator, data sharing and premium finance agreements.
- Advising a major consumer goods company on a global application management and hosting outsourcing.
- Professional Memberships
- The Society for Computers & Law