Ruth advises on a broad spectrum of commercial matters, including: customer terms and conditions; goods and services contracts; business acquisitions and disposals; and issues relating to intellectual property and data protection. In particular, Ruth has specialist knowledge of technology contracts and large-scale outsourcings.
Ruth also has experience in designing and delivering bespoke training for clients and external events.
Recent work highlights include:
- Retail and Consumer: In 2019, Ruth undertook a secondment to British American Tobacco at the business’ London headquarters. Ruth was responsible for providing legal advice to BAT's IT function on large-scale IT initiatives, and to its Operations & Supply Chain function on the procurement of goods and services across the globe.
- Financial Services: Ruth advised a multinational bank on procuring an electronic system for use by the bank’s investment managers in analysing the risks of certain investments, “Aladdin”, and associated services from BlackRock Financial Management.
- Buildings and Construction: Ruth delivered a General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance project for a leading buildings and construction business, involving the review and negotiation of over 60 contract variations with customers and suppliers.
- Hospitality: Ruth acted for a Travelodge on the business critical outsourcing of network services to Virgin Media. The contract covered the provision of both a customer network and a corporate network, including network upgrades and the development of a new Wi-Fi platform for the business’ guests across over 500 hotels.
- Digital: Ruth led on the day-to-day delivery of outsourced managed services for Microsoft, dealing with the review and negotiation of high volumes of Microsoft’s global procurement contracts. This project saw Addleshaw Goddard win the “Most Innovative Law Firm” award at the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards and achieved Microsoft’s objective of driving cost efficiencies by reducing legal costs by 22% within one year.
- Professional Memberships
- Member of the Society for Computers and Law