Paul is an experienced Real Estate Associate advising a range of commercial property clients including investment funds, developers, corporate occupiers and funders in relation to Real Estate transactions.
In addition, Paul has a particular focus on the hotels and leisure sector and the renewable energy sector. Paul advises a range of clients in relation to the development, operation and management of hotels and, in connection with renewable energy work, advises developers, funders, investors, sellers and purchasers on the property elements of projects such as onshore and offshore wind, CHP, Energy from Waste, and solar. Paul also spent a 6-month secondment with SSE, supporting the business in relation to various energy projects and assets.
Paul's recent experience includes:
- Acting for an institutional investment fund in relation to the letting of over 16,000 sq ft flexible office accommodation and a circa. £15m disposal of a business park
- Acting for a local authority in connection with a public sector tender for the development and operation of a 190+ bed hotel
- Advising Iberdrola on the Real Estate aspects of its partial divestment of its 40% interest in the £41.bn East Anglia One offshore wind farm to Green Investment Group
- Acting for Travelodge Hotels Limited in connection with its pipeline of new hotel developments
- Acting for a national energy client in relation to a 50MW Energy from Waste plant
- Advising national and regional property developer clients on the promotion, options, acquisition and development of sites for residential-led development
- Advising an owner in relation to a Hotel Management Agreement for a new 200-room hotel in Asia
- Advising Mizuho Bank and Diamond Transmission in relation to the onshore and offshore infrastructure for the acquisition and funding of offshore wind farms
- Professional Memberships
- The Chartered Institute of Legal Executives