Marco specialises in advising clients on the resolution of construction and engineering disputes.
Marco has experience in various forms of dispute resolution, including adjudication, mediation, litigation, arbitration, and dispute adjudication board, and has advised on both bespoke and standard form contracts, including NEC, FIDIC, JCT, and ICHEME.
Specific experience includes:
- Advising a leading UK supermarket chain in relation to a dispute valued in excess of £25 million concerning defective refrigerant plant.
- Advising a food manufacturer on issues arising from the installation of an effluent treatment and CHP plant including defects, delays and liability of professional consultants.
- Acting for a fashion retailer on a dispute with its developer/landlord for liquidated damages.
- Acting for an institutional investor on a multi-million pound negligence claim against a consultant in the Technology and Construction Court.
- Acting for a UK University on a multi-million pound structural defects claim against a contractor.
- Advising a multinational JV contractor in relation to a dispute avoidance forum under FIDIC concerning construction of a bridge in Bangladesh.
- Advising an employer in a series of adjudications and subsequent TCC proceedings concerning defects and delay at a multimillion pound residential property.
- Advising a major UK infrastructure contractor on a dispute with a local authority concerning road maintenance operations.
- Year Qualified
- De Montfort University – Bachelors of Law (LLB) – 2011-2014
- The University of Aberdeen – Masters in International Commercial Law (LLM) – 2014-2015
- The University of Law, Leeds – LPC & Masters in Law, Business and Management (MSc) – 2015-2016