Luke Dixon is a Legal Director in the Data and Commercial Team in the London office, having joined Addleshaw Goddard from a leading US law firm in 2018 and having been admitted to practice in 2005. He advises clients on data protection, privacy, e-commerce, TMT and IT transactions and issues.
Luke advises clients from start-ups to blue chips in a range of sectors including financial services, retail, gaming, social media and technology.
Luke is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (Europe) with the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
- A high street fast food delivery chain on SMS marketing to UK consumers.
- A US start-up on the UK launch of its wellness/health data app, including compliance with GDPR.
- A NYSE-listed gambling payments company on compliance with GDPR, US Privacy Shield and PECR compliance.
- A leading investment bank on HR data retention issues.
- A NASDAQ-listed online gaming company on its $4.9bn acquisition of a leading online poker card room business.
- A leading chocolatier and confectionary company on the data protection and e-commerce issues of the roll-out of its UK e-commerce offering.
- Professional Memberships
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Society for Computers and Law (SCL)
- Classics, Cambridge University, 2000 (MA 2004)
- LPC, Oxford Institute of Legal Practice (2003)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law, City University (2001)
- Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice, Bristol University (2007)