Julia has extensive experience in providing advice to developers, occupiers and investors in respect of contentious and non-contentious planning and highway matters in a number of sectors including energy, transport, retail, sport and leisure, housing, education and health. She has considerable inquiry experience.
Julia has significant energy sector experience. She has advised on overhead electricity lines, wayleave hearings, tree lopping hearings and applications for underground gas storage proposals. Julia is also experienced in advising on the legal aspects of Environmental Statements. She has also advised on a number of nationally significant infrastructure projects for promoters regarding the requirements for obtaining development consent including advice on pre-application matters as well as reviewing and drafting application documentation. She also advises third parties affected by development consent order applications.
Julia regularly delivers client presentations and seminars.
- Recommended in The Legal 500 UK 2017 for Planning.
- 2012 edition of The Legal 500 UK - Julia “deserves recognition” and that she is “reliable, not afraid to roll her sleeves up” and is “good at analysis”.
- Professional Memberships
- The National Infrastructure Planning Association
- The Compulsory Purchase Association
- Women in Property
- Year qualified: 1998
- Leeds Metropolitan University - CPE (1995) and LPC (1996)
- Sheffield Hallam University, Postgraduate Diploma, 1993
- University of Hull BA Hons Degree in Geography 1992