As a Restructuring Partner at Addleshaw Goddard in London, James works with companies, investors and creditors in relation to businesses experiencing under-performance.
James typically advises on financial or operational turnaround, as well as contingency planning and M&A, to protect value for stakeholders. He has broad experience across a number of sectors including travel and leisure, financial services, retail, manufacturing, heavy industry and fin tech.
- leading a divestment programme for a prominent US private equity investor, completing portfolio disposals of branded hotel assets with a value of >£700m;
- acting for Metalysis, a cutting edge and politically sensitive business in the metals sector, in relation to its fundraising and subsequent sale to Power Resources Group;
- acting for a significant financial stakeholder in relation to the insolvency of Thomas Cook
- acting for Bibby Line Group in relation to the recapitalisation and divestment of Bibby Offshore via a scheme of arrangement;
- acting for PwC as administrators of UK Coal through numerous phases of the group's restructuring;
- acting for members of the King & Wood Mallesons global network in relation to the rescue of part of the firm's legacy EUME business, maintaining the firm’s presence in key locations;
- acting for the LA Fitness Group in connection with its financial and operational restructuring, including twin CVA's;
- acting for The Hotel Collection in connection with the disposal of the Project Solstice portfolio of regional owner-operated hotels;
- acting for a US private equity fund in connection with the acquisition of Shearings Group.