James is a rounded restructuring lawyer who acts for funds, corporates, lenders, insolvency practitioners and pension trustees in relation to turnaround solutions including debt and equity acquisition, restructuring and disposal at all stages of the cycle. James' clients include Lone Star Funds, Endless LLP, Rothschild and PwC.
James has spent time working across the firm's finance, corporate and restructuring teams and recently returned to the firm from a secondment with Hudson Advisors/Lone Star Funds where he advised Lone Star in connection with the acquisition of a controlling stake in a major UK travel operator.
Other recent highlights include:
- a current engagement acting for Lone Star in connection with the disposal of a national hotel brand, operating across a variety of UK locations;
- acting for Endless LLP in connection with the acquisition, restructuring and disposal of Kiddicare;
- leading the transactional aspects of the UK Coal restructuring;
- leading the financial and operational restructuring of the LA Fitness group, invloving company voluntary arrangements of the group's operating subsidiaries followed by a debt for equity swap;
- acting for the pension trustees of a £200m+ turnover group of construction companies in relation to the corporate reorganisation of the group