Ben qualified as a Solicitor in 2015 and joined our Employment team in Leeds in January 2018. Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, Ben specialised in pensions law. Ben now advises employers on all aspects of employment law, including contentious and non-contentious matters, and has particular experience of the following:
- Advising on and managing employment tribunal claims, including complex whistleblowing, discrimination and unfair dismissal claims
- Drafting contractual employment documentation, such as service agreements, employment contracts and staff handbooks
- Advising in relation to settlement negotiations and drafting settlement agreements, including at executive/board level
- Providing support to corporate clients in relation to the employment implications of proposed transactions as part of due diligence exercises, including share, business/assets and property transactions
- Providing advice in relation to redundancy exercises, including large scale exercises.
- Advising on the application of TUPE as part of outsourcing exercises, business/asset sales and property transactions
- Handling complex issues with employees, including serious misconduct, long-term absence management and multifaceted grievances
- Advising on changing employees' terms and conditions
Ben has advised on employment issues in relation to a number of industry sectors, including Manufacturing, Digital and Real Estate, and has particular expertise in the Retail and Consumer sector.
Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, Ben spent six months on secondment to a statutory fund which manages close to £30 billion of assets, where he worked in the Commercial and Investments section of the in-house legal team
Ben has also recently spent a year on secondment in the in-house legal team of a large supermarket retailer.