Ben joined the Employment team in Leeds in January 2018 from another large firm in Leeds, where he qualified in 2015. Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, Ben specialised in pensions law.
Ben has advised on employment issues in relation to a number of industry sectors, including Industrials, Digital and Real Estate, and has particular expertise in the Retail and Consumer sector.
Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, Ben also spent six months on secondment to a statutory fund which manages close to £30 billion of assets, where he worked in the Commercial and Investments section of the in-house legal team.
Ben advises employers on all aspects of employment law, including contentious and non-contentious matters, and has particular experience of the following:
- Advising on and managing employment tribunal claims, including unfair dismissal, discrimination and wrongful dismissal claims
- Drafting contractual employment documentation, such as service agreements, employment contracts and staff handbooks
- Advising in relation to the settlement negotiations and drafting settlement agreements
- Providing support to corporate clients in relation to the employment implications of proposed transactions as part of due diligence exercises, including share, business/assets and property transactions
- Providing advice in relation to redundancy exercises
- Advising on the application of TUPE as part of outsourcing exercises, business/asset sales and property transactions
- Handling issues with employee misconduct, absence management and other day-to-day HR queries
- University of Leeds - Law (LLB) (2011)
- BPP Law School - LPC (2013)
- Year qualified - 2015