Charlotte is an Associate in the Commercial Disputes team based in our Dubai office. Prior to joining the Dubai office of Addleshaw Goddard, Charlotte practiced in our Manchester and Oman offices.
Charlotte specialises in complex commercial disputes across a wide range of sectors including infrastructure, professional services and energy and has a particular interest in complex financial and shareholder disputes. Charlotte is currently on a part-time secondment with an international bank.
Some of Charlotte’s recent experience includes: acting on behalf of a Syndicate of ten international banks in a DIFC Court action to recover a $300 million loan; acting on behalf of an individual in a DIFC-LCIA arbitration arising out of a shareholders dispute; and acting for an international bank in defending a multi-billion dollar fraud claim.
Charlotte has been listed as a key lawyer in this year’s EMEA Legal500 guide, being described as “tireless in [her] dedication to the client”.
Charlotte's recent experience includes:
- Acting on behalf of a global manufacturer in DIFC-LCIA arbitration proceedings against its consortium partner arising out of the design and construction of a major infrastructure project in Saudi Arabia.
- Emirates NBD Bank PJSC, HSBC Bank Middle East Limited, ICICI Bank UK Plc and others v KBBO CPG Investment LLC, Mr Khaleefa Butti Bin Omair Yousif Almuhari and His Excellency Saeed Mohamed Butti Mohamed Alqebaisi and others  CFI 045/2020. Acting on behalf of a Syndicate of 10 banks in a DIFC Court action to recover a $300 million loan. Successfully obtained a worldwide freezing order, proprietary injunction and disclosure order in the Dubai International Financial Centre against 19 Respondents. Later obtained an order to lift the stay imposed as a consequence of proceedings before the Joint Judicial Committee and obtained an anti-suit injunction in respect of proceedings in the Dubai Courts.
- Working with local counsel in relation to bankruptcy and grievance proceedings in the Abu Dhabi Courts.
- Mr Ebrahim Al-Jassim v Socii Synergy Investment LLC and others  DIFC CFI 031. Acting on behalf of an individual in a DIFC-LCIA arbitration arising out of a shareholders dispute.
- Acting on behalf of an aluminium sub-contractor in a DIAC arbitration concerning a sub-contract dispute over the aluminium works.
- Salem Mohammed Ballama Altamimi and others v Emirates NBD and others  DIFC CFI 085. Acting on behalf of a Syndicate of 10 international banks. Acting on behalf of a Syndicate of 10 banks in successfully defending a Part 8 Claim in the DIFC Courts brought by a panel of Trustees seeking recognition of parallel restructuring/ bankruptcy proceedings in the Abu Dhabi Courts.
From the outset, Charlotte has stood out as an exceptional junior lawyer. She has a fantastic, extremely dedicated work ethic and always delivers quality which is never compromised.
Client testimonial, International Bank