Beatrice advises on a variety of data protection and information security issues. In particular she advises clients on legislative interpretation, commercial negotiations, information security, data breach prevention, management and mitigation as well as practical IT project management and software functionality. Recent experience includes:
- Software functionality – advising a software company during the development of their new bespoke software to replace their 4 existing client offerings. Specifically, she advised the client on how to adapt the proposed functionality of the solution to ensure compliance. By arranging face to face meetings with key stakeholders, analysing first-hand the proposed solutions and providing commercially viable alternatives, her advice was both compliant and practical given the client's fast approaching deadline.
- Mobile Virtual Network Operator – lead data specialist to an international supermarket chain on their move to a new mobile network operator for their own brand mobile offering. Data was at the centre of this project in terms of complexity and commercial opportunity. She worked closely with the in-house project team and collaboratively with the data specialist of the mobile network provider to ensure a positive foundation was established allowing the client to benefit from numerous Big Data opportunities going forward.
- Data Analytics – many of her regular clients are in fin tech and the retail and consumer sectors. Her clients range from well-known banks exploring the fin tech space in an attempt to rival challenger banks, leading software companies delving into payments and start up alternatives to loyalty schemes. She also advises online retail businesses, high street brands and leading FTSE 100 companies. During this era of data monetization, she often sits alongside in-house counsel and project management leads to explore new opportunities within data, such as data optimisation, analytics and marketing. Her clients rely on third party support to provide analytic tools, market insight, data lists and much more. It is therefore essential that my clients are protected in their interactions with such third parties at contract negotiation stage and during the course of the relationship.
- GDPR advice – she is advising two separate FTSE100 clients on their binding corporate rules application, to safeguard the international transfer of personal data intragroup. She provides regular advice to clients in relation to data breach prevention, detection and management. For many of her clients to whom she provided advice in the lead up to GDPR, she is now assisting with GDPR audits, supplier audits and Brexit advice. Many clients are also seeking input from Beatrice in relation to the data impactions of COVID-9, track and trace and the return to work of their employees
- Corporate transactions – she advises on business and trading, IT, IP and data protection issues arising in M&A transactions and PE investments. She assists clients to identifying key risks in these areas whilst being able to allocated commercial context and practical suggestions.
- Commercial, IT and outsourcing – as a commercial, IT and outsourcing lawyer by background, she continues to support clients on wider commercial deals e.g. advising a leading consultancy company in relation to its customer contracts (often with local authorities with little appetite to negotiation) and advising a software provider on its standard terms as part of its new online portal offering.