Beatrice advises on a variety of commercial, IT and data protection issues. Her experience includes advising on large international commercial and IT outsourcing agreements, support and maintenance agreements, software licences, data protection compliance and advising on the upcoming General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Beatrice also has a variety of in-house experience, including a 6 month secondment at a FTSE 100 energy company assisting on both upstream and downstream matters. During this time she supported the business on interference mitigation in proposed wind farms, power forecasting agreements, rig purchase agreements and provided corporate governance support.
Since joining Addleshaw Goddard in 2013, Beatrice has worked closely with several of the firm's key clients.
- providing lead external advice to one of UK's leading generators of renewable power in relation to software licences for mobile applications and travel systems as well as bespoke data protection advice in relation to the upcoming GDPR.
- advising a FTSE 100 company on the sale of its gas turbine and compressor business worth ca £1bn. The complexity of this asset and hive down deal required substantial commitment over more than 9 months during which time Beatrice lead a work stream to support the commercial business directly. This included drafting, negotiating and advising on the separation and transfer of the businesses' substantial indirect services contracts spanning across more than a dozen jurisdictions.
- drafting and negotiating a multi-million pound data hosting outsourcing agreement in relation to the HR records of our client, a FTSE 100 international organisation. The sensitivity of data held and the global nature of the deal, required particular focus on the international transfer of personal data.
- sole external advisor supporting a leading UK supermarket chain in its outsourcing of a multi-million pound IT outsourcing agreement for stock replenishment services. Of particular concern due to the business critical nature of the services, was the confidentiality of the data held and the IP rights in system output.
- providing commercial, IT, data protection and IP support as part of the business sale for one of the Big Four accountancy firms. This particular business specialised in providing geographic information systems, economic modelling tools and advisory services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
- University of Birmingham – First Class Degree in Political Science (BA)
- Birmingham College of Law – LLB (GDL (Commendation) and LPC (Distinction))
- Year qualified (2012)