Will is a Partner and Head of Corporate Governance at Addleshaw Goddard.
Will focuses and is a regular speaker on corporate governance and compliance issues. He runs AG's Governance & Compliance (G&C) offering and, as such, spends a large proportion of his time providing governance and compliance training for, and advice to, directors, general counsel and company secretaries of listed, quoted and larger private companies. Will has undertaken various secondments, including as the acting company secretary of a FTSE-listed telecommunications company and to the UK Listing Authority. He is a member of the Financial Reporting Council Reporting Lab's Steering Group.
Recent work highlights include:
- Inductions for FTSE 50 CFO, various FTSE 250 NEDs and a FTSE 250 General Counsel and Company Secretary
- Board updates for FTSE 100, FTSE All Share and AIM 50 companies
- AGM advice for over 25 FTSE listed and AIM quoted companies, including those in the FTSE 100 and AIM 10
- Reviews of various FTSE 100 annual reports and advice on governance disclosure (UK Corporate Governance Code, QCA Corporate Governance Code and Wates Principles for Large Private Companies) and section 172 statements for several significant listed, AIM and large private companies
- Devised AG's Governance & Compliance Portal, currently subscribed for by 20 FTSE listed companies and "Highly Commended" at the 2018 FT Innovative Lawyers' Awards and 2019 Lawyers' Awards (where it was Runner-Up)
- Will has contributed to several books including The Financial Services and Markets Act - A Practical Legal Guide (Sweet & Maxwell); The Business Case for Corporate Governance (Cambridge University Press) and Trust me, I'm listed: Why the annual report matters and how to do it well (Chartered Governance Institute), as well as writing A Directors' Guide to The Companies Act 2006 in conjunction with the Confederation of British Industry. He is also the co-author of AG's market-leading Company Secretary’s Checklist – The annual report of a listed company.
- Professional Memberships
- Law Society