Secy is a Hong Kong qualified lawyer (2010) and has obtained a Master of Laws in PRC laws from the Renmin University of China (中国人民大学). She has experience in multi-jurisdictional and cross border litigation, board room and shareholders disputes, regulatory inquiries (SFC/HKEx/HKMA), commercial fraud and tracing claims, international arbitrations, mediation, electronic discovery and disclosure, enforcement and recognition of foreign decisions and judgments, urgent interlocutory applications and remedies, including inter alia Mareva, Anton Piller and Prohibitions Orders. Secy also has in-house secondment experience in red-chip listed conglomerates.
LITIGATION, DISPUTE RESOLUTIONS AND CONTENTIOUS REGULATORY EXPERIENCE
- Advised and represented listed corporations, directors of listed corporations, local, PRC and international banks, in respect of regulatory issues involving the SFC, the HKMA, the HKEx, the ICAC, the Commercial Crime Bureau, including inter alia investigations and disciplinary hearings commenced by the SFC, the HKMA and the HKEx
- Advised and assisted listed corporations, local, PRC and international banks in carrying out internal investigations in respect of financial regulatory and other legal compliance issues (often in conjunction with parallel investigations conducted by external regulators)
- Advised and represented a red chip listed conglomerates in HK in relation to the SFC and the Commercial Crime Bureau investigations on allegations of fraud and declaration of trust (this case involved legal proceedings brought against the Commissioner of Police and Secretary for Justice concerning the scope of search warrants and issues of legal professional privilege)
- Advised and represented the HK arm of a US Group of Companies in bringing legal proceedings in HK in relation to action pursued against ex-employees concerning breaches of confidentiality and trade secrets (this case also involved restraining, tracing and successful applications for Anton Piller, Mareva and Prohibition injunctive relief)
- Advised and represented a shareholder of a company listed on the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange with significant real estate holdings and ventures in the PRC in pursuing double derivative legal proceedings in HK, including successfully applying for a Mareva Injunction Order
- Advised and represented two banks in HK dealing with the HKMA and the SFC investigations and interviews, arising from the allegations of mis-selling of Lehman Mini-bonds
- Advised and represented the majority shareholder in a substantial (HK$2 billion) restaurant business in relation to a dispute between the shareholders.
We are the commercial law firm of choice for an increasing number of clients looking to do business in Hong Kong and PRC.